Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.18/4150
Título: Analytical performance of 17 general chemistry analytes across countries and across manufacturers in the INPUtS project of EQA organizers in Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom and Spain
Autor: Weykamp, Cas
Secchiero, Sandra
Plebani, Mario
Thelen, Marc
Cobbaert, Christa
Thomas, Annette
Jassam, Nuthar
Barth, Julian H.
Perich, Carmen
Ricós, Carmen
Faria, Ana Paula
Palavras-chave: Commutability
External Quality Assessment
General Chemistry
Reference Measurement Procedures
Total Error
PNAEQ
Programa Nacional de Avaliação Externa da Qualidade
AEQ
Avaliação Externa da Qualidade
Data: Fev-2017
Editora: De Gruyter/ European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine and International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine
Citação: Clin Chem Lab Med. 2017 Feb 1;55(2):203-211. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2016-0220
Resumo: BACKGROUND: Optimum patient care in relation to laboratory medicine is achieved when results of laboratory tests are equivalent, irrespective of the analytical platform used or the country where the laboratory is located. Standardization and harmonization minimize differences and the success of efforts to achieve this can be monitored with international category 1 external quality assessment (EQA) programs. METHODS: An EQA project with commutable samples, targeted with reference measurement procedures (RMPs) was organized by EQA institutes in Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, UK, and Spain. Results of 17 general chemistry analytes were evaluated across countries and across manufacturers according to performance specifications derived from biological variation (BV). RESULTS: For K, uric acid, glucose, cholesterol and high-density density (HDL) cholesterol, the minimum performance specification was met in all countries and by all manufacturers. For Na, Cl, and Ca, the minimum performance specifications were met by none of the countries and manufacturers. For enzymes, the situation was complicated, as standardization of results of enzymes toward RMPs was still not achieved in 20% of the laboratories and questionable in the remaining 80%. CONCLUSIONS: The overall performance of the measurement of 17 general chemistry analytes in European medical laboratories met the minimum performance specifications. In this general picture, there were no significant differences per country and no significant differences per manufacturer. There were major differences between the analytes. There were six analytes for which the minimum quality specifications were not met and manufacturers should improve their performance for these analytes. Standardization of results of enzymes requires ongoing efforts.
Peer review: yes
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.18/4150
DOI: 10.1515/cclm-2016-0220
ISSN: 1434-6621
Versão do Editor: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/cclm.2017.55.issue-2/cclm-2016-0220/cclm-2016-0220.xml
Aparece nas colecções:DEP - Artigos em revistas internacionais

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
CCLM_Analytical performance of 17 general chemistry analytes across countries and across manufacturers.pdf552,17 kBAdobe PDFVer/Abrir


FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpace
Formato BibTex MendeleyEndnote Degois 

Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.